Wednesday 17 July 2013

Butternut Squash Soup

Even though it is summer, I still really enjoy having soup for dinner.  I have been making a lot of soups lately with mostly the same recipe but I just change up the veggies that I use.  What is great about the recipe it is creamy without needing cream :)  I freeze the left overs for another day!  Carrot would be great to add as well but I was out.

Ingredients

2 boxes of chicken broth
1 diced onion
Half can of white kidney beans (you can use navy beans)
One butternut squash peeled and diced
Handful of diced cauliflower
3 stalks of diced celery
2 diced potato
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a pot with EVOO.  Add onion and celery and sauteed.  Add all the other ingredients and cover with broth.  Add salt and pepper to your taste.  Bring to a boil.  Once at boil, turn down to a simmer.  Simmer on med-low for about 30 minutes.  Check the veggies to see if they are soft.  Once soft, turn off stove and let soup cool.  Once cooled, blend together with hand blender. 

I like to top my soup with cheese and bacon bites.

Other versions:

Asparagus with cauliflower and navy beans (omit the celery)
Cauliflower and broccoli






0 comments:

Post a Comment