Wednesday 14 March 2012

Roast!

Sorry I have been MIA.  It has been hard to find time to sit down and blog.  I have a handful of recipes to post.

Roast was on sale a couple weeks ago.  I got 2 large roasts and cut them into 6 small meals.  For most families it would be 4 meals.  I love my roast in the slow cooker. 

Ingredients

Roast
Package of Onion Soup Mix
Red Wine
Water

To Prepare for Freezing

Place roast into freezer bag and place into freezer.  If you have a large roast, cut into smaller sizes.  I can freeze 2 roast in one large bag.

Cooking Directions from Freezer 

Defrost roast.   In slow cooker, add red wine, and approx 4 cups of water.  Mix in onion soup mix.  Please roast into the mixture.  Cook on low for approx 5 hours.  Cooking times will depend on the size of the roast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment