Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shepherds Pie

Another freezer friendly meal!  Great on cold days.  I love comfort food :)  I normally make mine in a large 8x8 freezer dish.  However, I have noticed we have too many left overs.  Since we are a small family (myself, hubby and a 10 month old) I think I will be making smaller sizes.  From one package of beef I will be able to get 4 small meals with left overs for lunch.

Ingredients

Ground Beef
Diced Onion
Peas and Corn (I use frozen)
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy

To Prepare for Freezing

Brown the beef  with onions and season with pepper.  I dont season much of my meals with salt.  Once brown, add gravy and mix together.  Grab freezer friendly dish.  Evenly spread out the beef mixture.  Top beef mixture with  peas and corn.  Then top with mashed potatoes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Put on the lid and freeze :)

Cooking Directions from Freezer 

Defrost and put in oven at 350 for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment