Saturday 18 February 2012

Chicken Bacon Sub

I had to try this recipe when I first saw it.  Who doesnt like chicken and bacon?  Yum!  This was a good and quick dinner if you are on the go.  I think next time I will try to heat mine up on the panini grill.

You will need to use the shredded chicken recipe that I posted the other day.

Shredded Chicken Recipe

Chicken Bacon Swiss Cheese Sub Recipe

1 large French loaf, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup garlic butter (I used store bought and only enough to cover the bread)
2 cups shredded chicken
1/4 cup chopped bacon, cooked crisp
4 slices swiss cheese

To Prepare for Freezing

Place French loaf on large sheet of aluminum foil. Spread garlic butter on bottom half of bread. Spread shredded chicken across garlic butter. Sprinkle with bacon. Layer cheese over top. Place top half of bread over cheese. Wrap in foil and freeze.

We had a long loaf and managed to get three subs.

Cooking Directions from Freezer

Turn oven on to 350.  Bake for 50-70 minutes if frozen. If thawed, bake for 25-30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment