Thursday 16 February 2012

Chicken Souvlaki

I am not sure if this is a "traditional" souvlaki.  I got this recipe a couple years ago when I did the South Beach Diet.  This one was always a fav in our house and is really easy to make.  This is the first time we made it from frozen and it was really good.  I will be adding this one to my standard recipes for freezing.

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts cubed
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
Juice of one lemon

To Prepare for Freezing

Mix all ingredients excluding chicken in a bowl.  Place chicken in a small freezer bag.  Pour mixture on top.  Place in freezer.

Cooking Directions from Freezer

Defrost in fridge in the freezer bag.  Cook in frying pan until chicken is cooked.  We serve with rice and green beans.

I had enough to make 2 meals but we are a small family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment